menu

Logo Champagne Richardot Logo Champagne Richardot

MASTERY & RESPECT
OF THE LAND

The RICHARDOT spirit is also embodied in the desire for rational processes, preserving the vineyard for future generations who’ll take up the torch. Here, natural grass cover is used, the biological life of the soil is respected and preference is given to mechanical working methods rather than chemical. Solar panels, a rain water collection system and an electric company car add to this commitment to an environment-friendly and sustainable operation.

“ Our granuncle Jean often said that we’re not working the land of our ancestors but borrowing the land of our children. I think that when he laid the foundations of this company, he understood that working the land of champagne was in our family’s DNA. Respect for the land is part of our genetic heritage. I love my vines, I talk to them and they reward me well ”

adds Jean Paul, a passionate wine-grower.

Champagne is a fantastic product
that doesn’t need any trickery to express all its subtlety

A FAMILY BUSINESS IN THE HEART
OF THE CHAMPAGNE REGION

Nestled in the “Côte des Bar” region, between the Seine and the Aube, the only land where the “Champagne” appellation can be used, the 12 hectares of RICHARDOT vines are planted on a slope, at a low frost-susceptible altitude of 300m, and are all south/south-east facing. They grow in the clay soil that is so characteristic of this unique terroir, guaranteed to produce Pinot Noir grapes of an incomparably fine aroma. 80% of the RICHARDOT vineyard is planted to Pinot Noir, the remaining 20% being planted to Chardonnay only. Given the family’s know-how and quest for excellence, the RICHARDOT champagne house controls every part of the production process, with its own press – one of the biggest in Champagne - , heat-regulated winery vats and ageing cellars, ensuring quality, traceability and transparency for each bottle produced. With all these assets, it has become a recognised stopping point on the Route du Champagne.

“ It’s our strong desire to create pure local wines from the Aube region, not to try and produce exotic wines by blending new grapes or play around with ageing. ”

Cécile tells us.